1. He is French: The accent, the attitude, the style – where else could he be from?
2. The collections: Decarnin has breathed the freshest and coolest life back into the old Parisian couture house. The skinniest skinnies and faded denim, tight leather and sparkles. His clothes are sexy, slutty and young.
3. The decadence: Hosting his Fall 09 show by the pool at the Ritz in Paris. Am oh-so bored of hearing about ‘investment’ and ‘timeless’ pieces. Decarnin sticks two fingers up at the economic crisis. At least someone is still having a good time.
4. When asked by Tim Banks on style.com why women are so irresistibly attracted to his designs, you know that the real awnser was “parce-que c’est moi”
5. He charges £1000 for a pair of jeans. The audacity alone should be applauded. (See No.1 for further explanation)
3/4. On my current earnings I will purchase my first piece of ultimate Parisian style, a Balmian dress, when I’m 103. Although hopefully by then I would have shrunk, as old ladies do, and the dress might actually fit.