1. Personal hero Barbara Hulanciki is doing a collection for Topshop. Biba meets Topshop – hurrah! Out on the 28th April. On your marks, get set…
2. I have already briefly mentioned this but this is brilliant: Liam Gallagher is releasing his own clothing line. I’m STILL amused. Stick on side burns, instructions of how to stand like Liam and a gobby 5 year old who swears at passers by are the stand out accessories, apparently.
3. Julia Restoin – Roitfeld on her mother, French Vogue Editor, Carine Roitfeld
“My mum told me always to wear heels,” her daughter, Julia Restoin-Roitfeld, admits, as she curls her biker-boot-shod feet a little further behind her. “If I’m not wearing heels, she says, ‘What? You’re in flats?’ So whenever I see her, I make sure I have heels with me.”
I know exactly how she feels. And I’m thankful for it. Brilliant advice. Read the rest of the article here:http://women.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/women/fashion/article5959714.ece
4. Goldsmiths’ student magazine, Smiths had a very funny article. A student has written about her experience as an intern at Heat magazine. Apparently, she joked with one of the writers of the vast number of files on Jordan in the office and the complex filing system in place to deal with the demand. The writer turned round, glared and spat out, ‘Jordan is very important to us’. Brilliant – the whole premise of Heat in one sentence.
5. The Outnet.com from pret -a -porter. It really is a sign of the times when pret-a-porter is doing a deal or two. The Outnet.com is their new discount sister site where you can pick up last season’s lines for next to nothing. ‘Chic-onomics’ apparently. Pret – a porter on the cheap – Brilliant.
3/4. The are 180 stages to making a Chanel 2.55 and all by hand in a factory just outside Pairs. Just one of the reasons that bag is so desirable. Unfortunately, it costs around £1,500. Not quite so brilliant.