1. It’s true. bf and I jumped on a train and went to a small Dutch village where you can buy boats. On a sunny Amsterdam afternoon the only place to be is on your small but sufficient boat gently wading up and down the canals with a glass of wine in hand, dressed in your finest stripes. Of course, our budget is tight but it was so much fun to look. The first joy of boat shopping is the fantasy:
For the bf:
2. The get up. Nautical is always on trend for spring/summer. Here’s what I’d be wearing on deck:
3. The connotations are endless. Long Island, The Hampton’s, Sandbanks, the French Riviera, but here’s my favourite:
4. The possibility of saying ‘I have a boat’. Even if it doesn’t look like this:
but more like this:
5. Why stop with the boat…how about a helicopter, D?
3/4. We left empty handed. Will let you know when we find our dream boat.