I stumbled across this today. Quite simply it makes you want to throw down your blackberry/i-pod/topshop carrier bag and and pick up a pair of knitting needles. Wool and the Gang are encouraging us to knit. And to be cool whilst doing it. The venture started online and they have recently opened their first store in New York. Here’s what I love about them.
1. Crazy Sexy Wool. These girls love a good pun.
2. The founding ladies not only go back to basics but back to nature. They travel to Peru to find the right yarn and they wax lyrical about the right sheep and the right farmers who have the right relationship with their right sheep.
3. They have video tutorials online. After watching these videos, even the absolutely hopeless amongst us, like myself,will think they will be able to knit. Great selling point.
4. They have “pop up knitting parties” in bars in cool cities. This isn’t that new I know, but it’s still damn cool.
5. This is the most recession friendly trend ever. Especially if you don’t have a job and have all the time in the world.
3/4. And even if you really can’t knit or really can’t be bothered to try, they sell the stuff they have made. Everyone is a winner.