With a diet of high fashion, sometimes you need to be served a portion of humble pie. Proving that the author is entirely fashion fallible, here are my top 5 fashion disasters from years past.
1. I read this T shirt to mean ‘adult world’ in the sense of an adult utopia where no children are allowed. In hindsight, it looks like I was endorsing porn. The black pulled up socks with black converse coupled with trouser-shorts (Im obviously too short for quarter lengths) is just plain hideous. S from blog-friend DiscoNap looks acceptable though.
2. You may be fooled to think that the quality of this photo dulls the colour of my outfit. You would be wrong. God only knows what possessed me to choose an entirely sludgy grey outfit. I won’t even comment on the suede jacket.
3. It is never a good idea to try and match your tie with your hair colour. There is a time and a place for peroxide hair, I just haven’t found it yet.
Law Ball 2004
4. I believe I may have been channeling my inner Kelly Clarkson circa 2003. The overlong scarf look is not really a male trend. Also I can confirm that those are linen shorts I am wearing.
5. Where to start…streaky highlights, faded cords, a blazer that makes me look like I’m a warden at summer camp and some kind of tribal necklace. I have since burned every item on show.
3/4. I think it is only fair to include dear AMS in this post. I hasten to add that this is not a fancy dress party. I can be certain that this photo was taken after partaking in a couple of shandies.